Choir Registration 2023
Choir registration update
Only one choir indicated their willingness to participate in the late Friday night concert so we have decided to drop that concert from the program. This means we have room now for only 36 choirs, which is the number already registered.
However we are still happy to take expressions of interest to cover the possibility that one or more choirs find they are unable to participate. Last year COVID and other reasons saw five choirs drop out. If you are in this situation please send your interest to info@blackheathchoirfestival.
Changes in 2023
Following feedback from last year’s Choir Festival we are hoping to make your festival experience in 2023 more enjoyable and more satisfying.
- We have decided to revert to annual choir festivals.
- To minimise the problem of running over time, choirs will now be given 20 minute slots rather than 15 minutes.
- Since we plan only 11 concerts over the weekend we will have to limit the number of choirs performing over the weekend to 40. As a consequence, choirs should anticipate singing roughly twice every three years.
- Choirs that did not perform in 2022 will be given some priority and are encouraged to register early.
- Choristers will now be registered in their rehearsal venue.
- Choristers are permitted to sit in the chorister seats in the session they are performing in
- Choristers will be entitled to a 50% discount on tickets to sessions they are not performing in.
- Tickets to the public will be discounted when purchasing more than one ticket.
Close to the Festival weekend choirs will be asked to submit their list of choristers and their set lists.